Philosophy > Mission
The word Eco Luxury, is made up of Eco which is Ecology, i.e. the science that studies the interaction between organisms and their environment on Earth.
For the word Luxury, we mean the definition of the Latin word “luxus”, which stands for an "object or thing that is good, more beautiful or better than others and that causes admiration and acceptance" as opposed to unnecessary.
The opportunities that tourism offers is that it is also a multi sector economy: infrastructure, means of transport, food, energy, engineering and architecture, art and fashion, etc… Therefore tourism truly unites all the business sectors that are characterised in any one area.
Our goal is to, affirm the excellence of these companies and promote them together to spread the benefits of Eco Luxury. Eco Luxury is the only global brand that exists with this mission, and that is why we have included international partners, which provide the certification of sustainability.
To be a member Retreat of Eco Luxury in tourism, the following are required:
1. Adapting to the surrounding environment.
2. In all operations being certified with the highest environmental and ecological principles in place.
3. Providing services and products that are distinguished as being innovative, of high quality & design and are prestigious.
4. Partnership with the territory from an ecological, cultural and social view.
5. Investing part of their profit margins into activities that support the environment, technology, local cultures and community in which the product is offered.
6. Promoting other Eco Luxury activities in different sectors other than their own and primarily those supporting organisations in each environment.
7. Promoting the protection of the environment that they are actively involved in.
8. Communicating and promoting the model in local schools, universities and direct sources their service criteria.
9. Exporting similar projects in other parts of the country or the world in collaboration with governments, park institutions, reserves or private partners.
10. Participating in the evolution of the eco compatible standards and monitoring them accordingly.
11. Applying and experimenting new global eco technologies.